Monday, March 25, 2013

3 Bean soup

This is one of my Moms recipes. Its really inexpensive to make and tatsty.  I made it this weekend to last us throughout the week and it was gone in 2 days!! This was the second time I have made this recipe for my family. The first time I made it I remember Dan (the Hubcap) and I both not loving it. I'm pretty sure some of it went to waste. At that point in our lives we were eating poorly and had a very unhealthy lifestyle. We added lots of salt to most everything we ate even things  that were already pre salted. So when we ate it we thought it was tasteless. Its funny how eating clean can completely change your taste buds!! When I took the first spoonful of this I was so excited because I thought it was so flavorful and yummy. I didn't want to stop!

    3 Bean Soup 
2 cans Kidney Beans
2 cans Garbanzo Beans
2 cans Great Northern Beans
2 Quarts Tomatoes ( I bottel my own but store bought works just as well)
1/4 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
1/2 c chopped celery
2 medium sized zucchini chopped
1/2 tea garlic powder
1 1/2 tea basil
1/4 tea pepper
2 bay leaves

Combine all ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment