Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Din Din

Here are a few of our meals Ive made this week. The first is Crock pot chicken. All I did was put a bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot for 8 hours on low with some Mrs.Dash for the seasoning. Mrs.Dash is great because its all herbs and there is no salt in it which is really healthy. Your still getting all the great taste without the sodium. Then I just steamed some broccoli and had a side of strawberries SO simple!
 This next one I was a little nervous about but it ended up way yummy. We really love grilled cheese but I found this healthier version. I used ricotta cheese and pears with a little honey drizzled over the pears! It was a big hit.
We have fish a lot at our Home. Fish is a great protein!! It is good for your skin, helps cut heart disease by a third and the omega-3 fatty acid that is contained in fish helps raise the chemical level that causes depression. See eating healthy has awesome benefits! I baked my tialpia at 375 for about 10 to 15 min. I seasoned it with Mrs.dash. Added some steam carrots and brown rice! I do recall my Husband Dan eating this and saying "Hey I could get use to this whole clean eating thing." Ha ha ha! One of my goals for this year is to help him eat and understand eating clean. 
Here's Miss CapriLee eating her pear grilled cheese!


2 comments:

  1. That's one of my biggest struggles. My husband isn't on board with the eating real food that is good for your body. He only wants frozen burritos, cup-o-noodles, and fast food. Sometimes I give in when I'm feeling lazy, but I'll continue to work on him. Last night I tried a recipe I found on bodybuilding.com that he actually liked. You can read about it here. http://bit.ly/YnykGR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck thats awesome Ill have to try it for sure! My husband has been a work in progress ha ha.Keep at it girl he'll come around.

    ReplyDelete