Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Why Almond Milk

Ive had a few people ask why I use almond milk over dairy milk. Well it first started when I started this whole fitness health journey. My son is lactose intolerant so I started buying him soy milk and got introduced to almond milk through my green smoothies. Ive never liked the taste of milk and was so so pleased when I found almond milk in chocolate!! It was like I had struck gold! My hub cap asked me one day whats so much better about it? So I went a digging and this is some of the benefits I have found.
       It is very low in calories. It only has 4o calories to an 8 oz glass. Where a cup of 1% has 102 calories. Its lactose gluten carein and cholesterol free. Its full of vitamins and minerals. It actually contains 30% of our daily recommend calcium intake.It has 25% vitamin D which helps with cell function. And I think its heavenly! If you haven't tasted it before I would go try it! Its also great because it doesn't have to be refrigerated!

No comments:

Post a Comment