Friday, January 11, 2013

Nice to meet ya


Hi my name is Awnaliese and I'm starting this blog to help people get healthy, stay positive, get motivated, and share my dreams and journey through the way. I'll be posting clean recipes as well. 
     Now let me tell you a little about why and how I have decided to live a clean and healthy lifestyle. I didn't know what you put in your body really mattered.  Later in life a lot of my family had health issues related to the way they ate. As did I. I never really knew the importance of it all until six months ago. I was always taught our bodies are temples and to not drink and smoke but couldn't image the damage over eating and sugar intake could do.
I'm a mom of 2 and when my son Hayze was 6 months old I decided to make my own baby food. I started reading labels of things I was feeding my kids. Half of the ingredients I couldn't even say. At this same time I was drinking a 42 oz of black death (coca cola) every day! I felt like this was the only thing that could ease my anxiety from all the trials I was going through in my personal life. But in the long run I was building more problems.
       It had been six months and I couldn't lose the weight from having my son. I've always been a huge sweet tooth, junk food junky, pizza loving gal. You could always find chips in my car, skittles in my purse and soda running through my veins. I couldn't even walk up the stairs with out being winded. I never exercised and ate  nothing but sugar loaded fatty foods. And I couldn't understand why I felt so sluggish and sad about my appearance. I had heard a few things about eating clean and working out. So I decided to give it a try.
             I stopped drinking my liquid crack and replaced it with water. My body completely shut down. I had the worst migraines for days I had cold sweats and felt like I would throw up. I also had a root canal, almost 15 cavities filled and a tooth pulled due to all the sugar and nasty chemicals cola has in it. I couldn't believe how addicted I was.
     I started eating lots of fruits and veggies. And going to the gym 6 days a week. I finally started seeing some improvement in the way I looked and how I felt. I could push my kids in the stroller with out getting a side ache and was able to lose the baby weight. 
      I first started eating and exercising to lose some weight and now I've chosen to make this a life style. I am determined  to become as healthy as I've ever been and help those in need.  Please understand I still have set backs and have a long way to go till I hit my goals.  But I'm hoping that together we can become stronger and remember we have the ability to choose. Lets make the rigt choice!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing this!! You are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I can't wait to try out some of these recipes/ideas. So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is REALLY inspiring and relateable, Love it

    ReplyDelete