Monday, January 21, 2013

Lets Go Shopping!

I  Had a friend tell me It would be a good idea to put a grocery list together. What a good idea huh! I make menus once a month and shop for two weeks at a time. The list will change from month to month with what I'm cooking but these are a lot of my staples. Produce can get expensive so shop the adds or wait till it comes back into season. Frozen is an awesome way to save money with the price of fruit and veggies.This is a picture of a regular shopping trip.I make stops in between Walmart, Smiths and Good Earth

PRODUCE
cucumbers
spinach
celery
zucchini
yellow squash
carrots
onions
tomatoes
Green and red peppers
sweet potatoes
apples
lemons
oranges
strawberries
pineapples
grapefruit
kiwis


PROTEIN
black beans
kidney beans
ground turkey
grass fed hamburger
turkey bacon
chicken
fish
eggs
Adams natural peanut butter


DAIRY
cottage cheese
unsweetened almond milk
Plain Greek yogurt
Greek yogurt with fruit(for my kids)

FROZEN
broccoli
strawberries
pineapple chunks
green beans

OTHER
dried fruit
whole wheat bread
whole wheat tortillas
plain rice cakes
brown rice
olive oil
steveia
chia seeds



2 comments:

  1. This is great Awnaliese! I am glad you are doing this, I have been thinking of being better, I have so far just started with baby steps, we eat lots of produce but my casseroles could be replaced by somthing healthier :) I am so excited to see what you post on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Hope your sweet Family is doing good!ANd thats all I did at first to. Baby steps are a greta start I would replace one meal with a healthier choice and when I felt good about that I moved on to more meals and snacks. Glad you to hear from ya!

    ReplyDelete